Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Timer Switch?

Buster Chops wrote:

I have a three switch panel to control three separate lights. I would like
to have one of the switches replaced with a 'timer' switch to allow me to
turn on outside lights and keep them on for a set time. I have not been
able to find a switch like this in my local store ... do they make them, and
any suggestions on namebrands or stores where I can get one? And I assume
a DIY changeout.

Thanks in advance.

Intermatic makes them, fits normal light switch receptacle. We looked
at Lowes and HD; Lowes had a shelf for them, but none in stock. Found
one at a local, independent hardware store. Ours has 60 min. limit,
rotating dial. They have much more elaborate timers:

http://intermatic.com/Default.asp?ac...2&cid=43&did=3