Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default cabinet doors - biscuits vs tenon

Standard wood glue is stronger than the wood. If the biscuit is sliding out
of the slot, it wasn't glued right.

"Sergey Kubushin" wrote in message
.. .
B A R R Y wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2006 09:35:07 GMT, Peter Lynch
wrote:

From reading this thread, it seems like most people are saying that
it's the _glue_ around the biscuit that fails - not the biscuit
itself.

I agree. Yellow woodworking glues are weak when filling gaps. A
properly fitted joint features smooth surface mating to smooth
surface.

The biscuit failures I've had all involved the biscuit sliding out of
the slot.

Which makes me wonder what adhesive the article used (I
haven't seen that particular mag. sold in this country).

Standard woodworking glue, just like most woodworkers.

Can't you just use a stronger adhesive?

Epoxy would probably work well, but it adds other complexities.

Use urethane glue. Holds like crazy.

---