Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heating question

wrote:
Tom wrote:

I have converted part of a detached garage into a office. The floor,
ceiling and all the walls are well insulated and now I've come to the
problem of choosing a heating source. Due the buildings location a rad from
the CH in house is not possible and i don't want one of those portable gas
bottle fires so i guess my only option is an electric heater. Has anyone
tried one of those oil filled electric radiators? Are they expensive to run
and is 2K powerful enough for a room 3m x 4.5m? Is there anything else on
the market that is suitable?

Thanks,

Tom

All electric resistance heating is 100% efficient. The differences with
an oil radiator a
1. it takes a while to get warm, thus takes longer to heat a room
2. theyre kid safe

Heat pump is a more logical option

Yes, but electrical generation is only about 50% efficient.

NT