Posted to alt.home.repair
larry larry is offline

Default anyone know how to find out who reported my house to a neighborhoodservices department for city of phx?

Tim Fischer wrote:

You can't. That's part of what makes the system work. If it's a valid
complaint, fix the issue. If it's invalid, then you should be easilly
'cleared' by the city.

No valid need to know. Snub all of your neighbors, if you must...

-Tim

We have a lot of "little ole lady" neighbors.

And they are notorious for calling code compliance for
"problems" at the few rent houses around. They make no
secret that they called.

But the city is quite fair about the whole thing. CC will
then spend a week in the neighborhood writing up everyone
for every violation they can find. Most are 30 or 10 day
cites, if corrected, are dropped as warnings. CC just wants
-everyone- to know they were there ;-)

Two years ago, the city fired half the CC staff for writing
multiple cites for the same violations and cites for places
they never visited. Happened right after mayor insisted
that CC double the citations. I think the punishment was
mis-applied ;-)

She did help eliminate neighborhood communications, everyone
replaced the 4' chainlink fences with 8' wood fences. (So CC
can't see in backyards anymore) Used to spend many hours
talking to neighbors over the backfence. Aahh, don't make
much difference anymore, I can't speak Espanol ;-)

So, don't let the paranoia get to you, they were there to
get your neighbor to start with!

-larry / dallas