Posted to alt.home.repair

Default sill plate bolt

"Eigenvector" wrote in message
I've seen this in a few houses, my own included, where the anchor bolt for
the sill plate is not inserted into the framing but rather inserted into a
cutout and pounded flat into the wood. Can this be corrected, as in the
bolt straightened and properly tied to the sill plate?

The bolt will snap if you tryu to straighten it. If you have concerns, you
should add anchors.

None of the framing in my basement is tied to the foundation, in fact the
framing sits about 1/2 off the surface of the foundation so I'm looking at
ways to correct this before I close the wall up with new drywall.

It does not have to contact the foundation.

BTW: Why is drywall so expensive? 16 bucks a sheet for 5/8".

Same reason everything else has gone up. Cost of energy is a huge factor, as
well as supply and demand. Lots of homes in the south are in need of
drywall.