Posted to rec.woodworking
Henry St.Pierre Henry St.Pierre is offline

Default Goncalo Alves used for interior of horse stalls

"Lowell Holmes" wrote in

"Henry St.Pierre" wrote in message
. 97.142...
"Lowell Holmes" wrote in

"Jim Behning" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:56:39 -0500, "Swingman"
wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

There's no curing stall walkers and cribbers, I guess.

snip

The collar didn't work for me either.

Can't help myself. Do you still crib or stall walk? Bear in mind that
I don't have the foggiest idea what cribbing and stall walking is.
Hank

A cribbing horse is one that chews on the wood in a stall or fence at
a detriment to itself. Once the habit is formed, it can't be stopped.
You can tell a horse that cribs by a thickened neck and possibly by
wear on their teeth.

In a horse lover's family, a horse will rank in line right after the
family's children often ahead of the dog's in the family. It seems
that most horse owners also have dogs and cats. Most horse owners even
like Republicans. :-)

Thanks for the info. I haven't been around horses to any degree. I
remember riding one (or bouncing along on top of one) at a stable about
50 yrs ago.
What is stall walking?