Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default more questions about my gas furnace - CO leaks

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
Eigenvector wrote:
..

BTW: Do I have to call the manufacturer to inspect it, or would any
qualified repair person be able to do work on it?

Any qualified professional should be able to do it.

If you don't already have them, now is a good time to add CO detectors
in you home.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I will,

BTW: I'm gonna have to start talking to my buddies at the gas company more
often. I mentioned the white powder to them and first thing out of their
mouth was - furnace is short cycling, too large a unit for the house. I
mentioned calling in an HVAC person, which I still am, and they cautioned me
that the HVAC person will use the white powder as an excuse to sell a new
furnace. They still recommended putting a CO detector at the thermostat.