Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Plumbing question: getting piece of broken pipe out of drain pipe

I started what I thought would be a ten minute job this morning of
disconnecting my trap under my bathroom sink to clean it out so my
basin would drain a little quicker. Well when I disconnected the tap
the extension pipe broke off. I have another pipe to replace it but the
part that broke off is still in the drain pipe. I don't know how to get
the metal out that is covering the grooves. Usually you can do this
with an ice pick but the metal is not corroded enough and I can't get
any leverage from underneath. I tried to remove the whole piece but it
seems like it's all one piece. I'm including pictures. I can't find a
seam where these pieces disconnect from each other. There goes my
Saturday...

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/8035/dscf0571gg9.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4061/dscf0572le0.jpg

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/96/dscf0573ca1.jpg