Posted to rec.woodworking
backinthesaddle2006 backinthesaddle2006 is offline

Default Goncalo Alves used for interior of horse stalls

backinthesaddle2006 wrote:

Does anyone know if this wood is toxic to horses?

My horses don't crib and it was going to be put into steel channels so
there won't be a place to chew directly on the wood.

I was mainly worried about them licking it.

btw... I went and picked up a board of this wood today. It's
beautiful, BUT, it has deep checks in it. It doesn't seem to hurt the
strength, but should I be concerned aobut the deep checks going all the
way through over time?

The other question is how much will it cost me to get Tongue and
Grooves put into these boards? I need it to be dimensioned and T&G
and maybe planed.