Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] robert@invalid.invalid is offline

Default Travis Perkins delivery.

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 17:10:43 GMT, "Phil L"

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:45:16 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
I signed up for a cash card, 'trade cash' from Travis Perkins, to
get some basic costings for stuff (for example, is 1m^2 of concrete
blocks cheaper or more expensive than 1m^2 of bricks)...

I note that on one part of the help, it mentions delivery.
Is this only for credit account holders?

It is available to all customers.

Colin Bignell

Have just started to use TP and with discount were cheaper tham the
alternatives, free next day delivery .

As had been said it depends ( everywhere) on the discount level you
can negotiate and this gets recorded with your account details.

EG PVA was listed as £40 - I got 75% discount .

So you paid a tenner for something that is £7 elsewhere.

Bargain?

Not bad with FREE delivery within 12 hours.

FWIW, it's the oldest trick in the book, advertise something for an
extrortionate amount, as TP's do with everything, then discount a huge
amount off, selling it for only a few quid dearer than everywhere else, it
makes the customer feel he's got a bargain, and those who don't get the
discount are ripped off unmmercilessly.

I agree but you have to factor in the time locating the cheapest in
stock sources and the cost of delivery.

Also on an ongoing renovation job being able to get timber and
supplies as you require them saves alot of personal time , cost of
labour and no need for storage facilities.

Moral is to check prices from a range of suppliers and decide on the
value of convenience and quick delivery for each order.

Robert

Robert