Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Travis Perkins delivery.

lid wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 16:45:16 +0100, "nightjar" nightjar@insert my
surname here.uk.com wrote:

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
I signed up for a cash card, 'trade cash' from Travis Perkins, to
get some basic costings for stuff (for example, is 1m^2 of concrete
blocks cheaper or more expensive than 1m^2 of bricks)...

I note that on one part of the help, it mentions delivery.
Is this only for credit account holders?

It is available to all customers.

Colin Bignell

Have just started to use TP and with discount were cheaper tham the
alternatives, free next day delivery .

As had been said it depends ( everywhere) on the discount level you
can negotiate and this gets recorded with your account details.

EG PVA was listed as £40 - I got 75% discount .

So you paid a tenner for something that is £7 elsewhere.

Bargain?

FWIW, it's the oldest trick in the book, advertise something for an
extrortionate amount, as TP's do with everything, then discount a huge
amount off, selling it for only a few quid dearer than everywhere else, it
makes the customer feel he's got a bargain, and those who don't get the
discount are ripped off unmmercilessly.