Posted to rec.woodworking
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default cabinet doors - biscuits vs tenon

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 10:01:17 -0700, "TimR" wrote:

I am thinking of making my own kitchen flat panel doors...and refacing the
cases. I have a good biscuit joiner and would like input on whether the
biscuit techniques is strong enough for kitchen cabinet doors...or should I
go with the traditional mortise and tenon assembly ?

Also..anyone know of a good site for detailed instructions/examples of a
good quality kitchen door assembly ?

Thanks, Tim

M&T will outlast biscuits. Kitchen cabinet doors get a lot of use
(and sometimes abuse). There are thousands of books on making
doors--take a look at Taunton Press books. Here, you'll be far ahead
with a good set of Bessy K-body clamps and corner blocks.