Ron Thompson

Default Pewter sand casting advice?

------------------
Lindsay Pub. www.lindsaybks.com have some excellent books on sand casting.

I would make your flasks 16" x 16" x 6" DEEP to keep the sand in the flask.

Buy a 50lb bag of Petro Sand instead of trying to mix your own.

Don Warner
------------------------------

That is still a fairly deep flask, if you are talking per side. Most
of mine are made from 2x4s which gives a total flask depth (cope and
drag) of 7".
I use K-bond sand, an oil bonded sand which is similar to petrobond.
The detail is in the grain size.
Take a look at the K-bond link on this page:
http://www.ray-vin.com/casting/

For everything you ever wanted to know about sand casting, I suggest:

Ron Thompson
Was On the Beautiful Mississippi Gulf Coast,
Now On the Beautiful Florida Space Coast, right beside the Kennedy Space Center, USA

http://www.plansandprojects.com

'If you're standing in a puddle, don't touch anything that hums'
From the Red Green show