Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default OT 'ish: Chainsaw Sharpening Kit

"Nova" wrote in message

I've been using a file/guide for a couple years with decent results.
Today I needed to sharpen my saw but with the recent storm we had in my
area my file and guide was misplaced. I tried to buy a new file this
morning and all the stores that I checked were sold out. I did find the
Dremel attachment kit at Home Depot and bought it. I sharpened the saw
about two hours ago much more quickly and with far superior results than
I could do with the file and guide.

In my opinion the Dremel attachment is well worth the $10.00.

I've been using a simple file guide for a couple of decades and I've thought
about a Dremel type honing wheel on and off. I can see where it would be
much faster than a file, though I wouldn't expect any better results than a
file. The thing that keeps me from moving ahead with the idea is that I
keep thinking that I don't want something else to have to drag out into the
woods with me.

--

-Mike-