Posted to rec.woodworking
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default I not understanding this?

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:00:26 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Could someone kindly explain to me whats meant by this below?

"If you like extra work but a better finish, then rout a 12mm dado in
the one piece"

You see in the UK a *Dado* is the term used for a wooden rail that goes
around the walls in a living room of a house.

Since "dado" has been flogged to death, I'll note for you that the
wooden rail that goes around the interior of a room is simply referred
to as "chair rail" here when mounted by itself, and occasionally
wainscoating cap when it is used to terminate the top end of partial
wall panelling.