Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default OT 'ish: Chainsaw Sharpening Kit

I bought the Dremal attachment. After the first tooth, I took the guide off
and just freehanded it. Easy enough to do if you have any sharpening or
grinding experience. The stones last quite a long time.

"Mike" wrote in message
oups.com...

My concern with the Dremel attachment is that it would be really easy
to take too much metal off of the cutter, thus reducing the chains life
span. Also, I've heard that the little grinding wheels for the Dremel
don't last that long. I imagine that a regular file will outlast me.

Mike