Posted to rec.woodworking
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default I not understanding this?

Tom Watson wrote:

I suppose that you intend "Derby" to be pronounced as "Darby".

Derby = A city/town within the British Isle.
Darby = A long straight edge primarily used by a plasterer.

I suspect that you suffer hearing the term "Rebate" being reduced to
the Neo Anglo Lingua Franca of "Rabbet".

I would further suppose that you decry the differentiation, or lack
thereof, between "Timber" and its simplification to the point of the
mediocritous - "Wood".

We grew up with "Sycamore", whilst (I do miss being able to use the
word "whilst") you enjoyed the "London Plane Tree".

We think of "Oak" as "Quercus alba" or "Quercus rubra" v. "Quercus
robur" and we will not go into 'Crimschmidt' just now, as it is an
unholy alliance not unlike those that occur in our Appalachian
mountain regions.

You have "Deal". We are simply trying to get one.

Ye, we enjoy "Quirks". The physicists have "Charmed" ones but we
simple wooddorkers have "Quirk and Bead", which has the charm of being
visible.

We eat "Macs" rather than wear "Macks".

Too much fat is not good for the heart.

You mean when it ****es down you dont wear any protection gear?

We think that "Lorrie" is the name of an old girlfriend whom we drove
particularly hard.

Lorrie is the correct term for a girls name.
Lorry is the correct term for a Truck.

There is more - but I have grown weary.

Probably due to the BigMacs your always eating.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/