Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default OT 'ish: Chainsaw Sharpening Kit

morning and all the stores that I checked were sold out. I did find the
Dremel attachment kit at Home Depot and bought it. I sharpened the saw
about two hours ago much more quickly and with far superior results than
I could do with the file and guide.

In my opinion the Dremel attachment is well worth the $10.00.

My concern with the Dremel attachment is that it would be really easy
to take too much metal off of the cutter, thus reducing the chains life
span. Also, I've heard that the little grinding wheels for the Dremel
don't last that long. I imagine that a regular file will outlast me.

Mike