Posted to rec.woodworking
bf bf is offline

Default cabinet doors - biscuits vs tenon

TimR wrote:
I am thinking of making my own kitchen flat panel doors...and refacing the
cases. I have a good biscuit joiner and would like input on whether the
biscuit techniques is strong enough for kitchen cabinet doors...or should I
go with the traditional mortise and tenon assembly ?

Also..anyone know of a good site for detailed instructions/examples of a
good quality kitchen door assembly ?

Thanks, Tim

If you have a router table, I'd seriously suggest buying a door rail
and style set.. It's maybe around $60-80 (haven't bought in a long
time). Since you are doing a whole kitchen, it will save you tons and
tons of time. Mortise and tenon is ok for just doing a couple doors,
but a whole kitchen? That would take forever. In addition, they will
look better, since they cut a decorative edge on the inside of the
door. (IMO, of course).