Posted to rec.woodworking
Lowell Holmes Lowell Holmes is offline

Default cabinet doors - biscuits vs tenon

"TimR" wrote in message
I am thinking of making my own kitchen flat panel doors...and refacing the
cases. I have a good biscuit joiner and would like input on whether the
biscuit techniques is strong enough for kitchen cabinet doors...or should
go with the traditional mortise and tenon assembly ?

Also..anyone know of a good site for detailed instructions/examples of a
good quality kitchen door assembly ?

Thanks, Tim

I vote for m&t or cope and stick. IMO biscuit joints don't have enough glue
surface. Your gluing end grain to long grain in a door.