Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S R D S is offline

Default Travis Perkins delivery.

"Phil L" wrote in message
.uk...
. wrote:
Phil L wrote:
. wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
I signed up for a cash card, 'trade cash' from Travis Perkins, to
get some basic costings for stuff (for example, is 1m^2 of
concrete blocks cheaper or more expensive than 1m^2 of bricks)...

I note that on one part of the help, it mentions delivery.
Is this only for credit account holders?
As I'd like some full sheets of stuff, this would be handy, as I
only have a Nissan Micra.
Any thoughts?

Yes, don't use Travis Perkins for anything, all builders merchants
will deliver and all are cheaper than TP's....they lull you into
having an account by special offers on your first order, after that
they are often double the price of everywhre else

********. I use 5 merchants regularly, TP are what they are, use
them for what you want and use the others for what they do
best/cheapest.

TP's cement is a fiver a bag plus vat - this is almost double what
it costs at B&Q.
Their bagged aggregates are 3 quid plus VAT, again double B&Q's.

so, you've figured that out ?

Not just that, their plastic underground drains are well over double the
price of the next dearest and almost triple the cheapest, their bricks,
plaster, plasterboard and timber don't fare too well neither, other than
that it's cheap as chips.

If you genuinely use 5 different BM's, you *must* know that TP's ar
the dearest out of them all? - if not, you are frequenting the wrong
places.

for some things, not for others. then there's the convenience and the
fact that I know the bloke on the sales counter, the bloke that chops
the wood up and the manager.

I frequent all the right places.

So your reply to the OP should have been 'Travis Perkins are alright,
provided you are bezzy mates with all those who work there'?

I got some 8x4 plasterboards from them for about 3 quid each, I thought that
was cheap.
And they are the only place near me who will do 4x3 in 20 foot lengths.