Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Travis Perkins delivery.

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:31:14 GMT, "Phil L" wrote:

. wrote:
Phil L wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:
I signed up for a cash card, 'trade cash' from Travis Perkins, to
get some basic costings for stuff (for example, is 1m^2 of concrete
blocks cheaper or more expensive than 1m^2 of bricks)...

I note that on one part of the help, it mentions delivery.
Is this only for credit account holders?
As I'd like some full sheets of stuff, this would be handy, as I
only have a Nissan Micra.
Any thoughts?

Yes, don't use Travis Perkins for anything, all builders merchants
will deliver and all are cheaper than TP's....they lull you into
having an account by special offers on your first order, after that
they are often double the price of everywhre else

********. I use 5 merchants regularly, TP are what they are, use them
for what you want and use the others for what they do best/cheapest.

TP's cement is a fiver a bag plus vat - this is almost double what it costs
at B&Q.
Their bagged aggregates are 3 quid plus VAT, again double B&Q's.

If you genuinely use 5 different BM's, you *must* know that TP's ar the
dearest out of them all? - if not, you are frequenting the wrong places.

And check the price of Aquapanle at both TP and B+Q .You'll be shocked at the
difference .

Stuart