Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Infared space heaters

In article , "Patch" wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with these heaters? Last winter our propane
bills were sky high. (one for $750) I see a local ad for one that claims it
will reduce heating bills by up to 50%. It goes on sale tomorrow for one day
only so I need an answer ASAP.

How do you suppose it achieves that dramatic reduction in your heating bills?
Hint: turning your thermostat waaaaay down, and using a space heater to heat
only the room you're in at the time, will reduce your heating bill
substantially, no matter what type of space heater you're using. That's
because you're heating less of your house, not because the space heater is
anything special.

Also please note that the claim "will reduce heating bills by up to 50%" is
equivalent to a guarantee that it will not reduce your heating bill by any
more than 50% -- in other words, a 1% reduction meets the terms of the claim.

--
Regards,