Posted to uk.d-i-y
tarquinlinbin tarquinlinbin is offline

Default Bath Height Off Floor .

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 16:31:00 +0100, Richard Conway
wrote:

Stuart wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:38:57 GMT, "." wrote:

wrote:
Stuart wrote:

Maybe I'll just get the bath fitted first and be careful,very careful when
tiling .

Stuart
Or measure the bath (and panel) wehn you get it then tile before
fitting it.
either way, I'd wait until the bath was in hand before making a decision :-)

Yeah .I have decided at least to wait until the bath is delivered before working
out the layout of the tiles and almost certainly get it fitted first before
even starting the tiling . As someone said the worst case would be to tile it
thinking you knew where the top of the bath was to be then discover the last
tile was going to be a thing piece .That would not look good .The upper tile
limit is adjustable so I'd prefer to have complete tiles from top to bottom .

Thx for all the help

Stuart .

If you're really worried you could fit the bath, mark off the height on
the wall and then remove the bath to tile. Obviously you wouldn't want
to actually plumb it in, but just get the placement right.

This is what i do,get it in place,make sure it all works out,mark and
measure with the greatest accuracy,remove bath,tile,permanently
install bath.