Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wingedcat Wingedcat is offline

Default Bath Height Off Floor .

Stuart wrote:
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:04:09 GMT, "." wrote:

Stuart wrote:
I am about to get a new bath but wanted to do the tiling,less the tile
immediately above the bath,before fitting the new bath .

What's troubling me is the height of any new bath I buy .The one I have is about
540mm off the floor and is about it's maximum adjustment .Plumbworld specs say
"adjustable between 480-540mm" .

This company say all their baths are 570mm and when I phoned them they confirmed
( after he said that was bath top to waste bottom which I questioned) that this
was off the floor .The tech drawing they have on the site does sugegst it is
bath top to waste which is misleading .

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_bro...poonbill_baths

Is there a standard height for standard rectangular baths .??

Maybe I'll just get the bath fitted first and be careful,very careful when
tiling .

Stuart

don't fit the bath until you have measured the height of the bath panels !

been there, done that, had to remove a bath and refit it because of 10mm
play in the panels. woman was not happy and I can't blame her, really.

Yeah well the bath I have at present,as I said,is pretty much at it's upper
limit and even then the long bath panel is a tight fit so if the bath was lower
it would have meant reducing the panel height which I would think is tricky .

I think the best bet is to choose the bath you want, work out the
height of the side panel, positioning of waste fittings and other
pipework, get it all fitted securely and THEN start tiling. It will be
far easier to plan tile runs once everything is in place and you are
better off tiling down onto the bath anyway.
This will also avoid the potential scenario where you could end up with
a little sliver of tile directly above the bath where you have used
whole tiles from the ceiling and not planned (or not been able to plan)
what size the last tile will be.
I know you are probably worried about damaging the bath when tiling -
but seriously, just be careful and protect the bath and you'll be fine.
You are probably more likely to damage your beautiful new tiles when
trying to manhandle the bath into place!
Luke