Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Bath Height Off Floor .

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:04:09 GMT, "." wrote:

Stuart wrote:
I am about to get a new bath but wanted to do the tiling,less the tile
immediately above the bath,before fitting the new bath .

What's troubling me is the height of any new bath I buy .The one I have is about
540mm off the floor and is about it's maximum adjustment .Plumbworld specs say
"adjustable between 480-540mm" .

This company say all their baths are 570mm and when I phoned them they confirmed
( after he said that was bath top to waste bottom which I questioned) that this
was off the floor .The tech drawing they have on the site does sugegst it is
bath top to waste which is misleading .

http://www.bathroomheaven.com/sp_bro...poonbill_baths

Is there a standard height for standard rectangular baths .??

Maybe I'll just get the bath fitted first and be careful,very careful when
tiling .

Stuart

don't fit the bath until you have measured the height of the bath panels !

been there, done that, had to remove a bath and refit it because of 10mm
play in the panels. woman was not happy and I can't blame her, really.

Yeah well the bath I have at present,as I said,is pretty much at it's upper
limit and even then the long bath panel is a tight fit so if the bath was lower
it would have meant reducing the panel height which I would think is tricky .