Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun calhoun is offline

Default Wall tiles on floor?

I have done this. I have set a good amount of tile and thought with a
superior installation (mud) I could get away with using wall tiles on the
floor. Wrong, lasted about 4 years and stress cracks started developing on
the surface. They have never cracked though or chipped but have noticeable
hairline cracks in them in the wear areas. Guess that is why they call them
wall tiles.

"jeffc" wrote in message
.. .

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have heard various answers to this question: Should 6"x6" 8.0 mm
ceramic wall tiles be used on a bathroom floor?
Can anyone answer this with quantifiable results to back it up? The
tiles I'm looking at have a "rough" texture (not slick).

The "quantifiable results" you're looking for can simply be the wear
rating on the tile.
http://www.floorbiz.com/tile/rating-ceramic-tile.htm