Spencer

Default Black Oxide "how to"?? in a small scale

See www.caswellplating.com, I use their Black Oxide Kit.

Here are results:

http://www.ebiz2000.com/hsm/Machining_toolholders.jpg
http://www.ebiz2000.com/hsm/blackening_toolholders.jpg
http://www.ebiz2000.com/hsm/finished_toolholders.jpg

"Pedroman" wrote in message news:qpCOb.79343$Rc4.283698@attbi_s54...
I need to coat steel parts (small) with a black oxide coating but in small
lots. Parts are 3 1/2" X .75" and are basicly steel stock with drilled holes
for alignment pins. Anyone have a small shop style setup that could share
info on the process. I'm currently having someone else do it but at $50
minimum I have to build a lot more than I use in a couple of months to make
it worthwhile. Sometimes I go through 100 in a month and sometimes 500 it
just depends. Stocking 1000s of this item is not really worth it unless
that's the only route I can find.

A friend commented that a used commercial french frier would be about the
size I would need and it certainly can generate the heat required. I've
checked around and those things are cheap to find.

Anyone?
Pedroman