Posted to rec.woodworking
backinthesaddle2006 backinthesaddle2006 is offline

Default Goncalo Alves used for interior of horse stalls

Does anyone know if this wood is toxic to horses? I would like to use
it for the interior of my barn including the stalls. I plan on having
2" thick wood planed and either joined or T&G added so the boards will
be flush. Metal channels will be on all edges so they can't chew the
wood.

In case you're wondering, I found this wood at a local store. It dried
too fast and has some checking. They want to get rid of it because
while it still has some nice stripes, it's not as heavily striped as
they want. That, in addition to the checking (that can be planed out)
it's cheaper than pine.

SO.. will my horse get sick if he licks this wood?