Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default "Hot Works" Permit?!!

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
Lobster wrote:
I'm renewing a buildings insurance policy on a house which is
currently vacant while I'm doing it up, and the insurers have come
back to me with a great long questionnaire asking me all sorts of
stuff, including the question: "Are there 'Hot Works' going on at the
property, and if so, has a Hot Works Permit been issued?"

Well... never having heard the phrase before, I googled for "Hot
Works" and found that in fact it wasn't the title of a dodgy porno
movie, but rather, it included plumbing work with a blowlamp, amonst
other things. I therefore truthfully answered "yes", and since I'm
d-i-y'ing on my own property, added "no permit required" .

But - just had the broker on the phone in a tizz about said permit,
saying I need to have one and that she's going to refer to her
manager about it. Meanwhile, before she phone's back, can anyone
tell me what 'Hot Works permits' are all about and, whether I need
one, and where I get one from?!!

Thanks
David

http://tinyurl.co.uk/f6ev

I think it means the bloke in charge of the building work?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite