Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default "Hot Works" Permit?!!

On 19 Oct 2006 08:43:20 -0700 someone who may be "Lobster"
wrote this:-

But - just had the broker on the phone in a tizz about said permit,
saying I need to have one and that she's going to refer to her manager
about it. Meanwhile, before she phone's back, can anyone tell me what
'Hot Works permits' are all about and, whether I need one, and where I
get one from?!!

I suspect that you would need one if you were doing hot works inside
an enclosed space that is normally full of a flammable liquid or
gas, in an industrial situation. The permit would be to record that
the vessel had been purged of the substance and the atmosphere was
not explosive (having been tested by a suitable meter).

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh