Posted to alt.home.repair
CDET 14 CDET 14 is offline

Default DRYER DOESN'T DRY CLOTHES WELL

It's not the same thing. Not as much detail. Doesn't cover all
possibilities.

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
Here's the same thing for free:

http://www.ehow.com/how_112348_fix-clothes-dryer.html

CDET 14 wrote:
If you need help with the best way to clean the dryer vent, including
tool suggestions go to
http://CleanYourOwnDryerVent.com/

Alisa LeSueur
Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician

MRS. CLEAN wrote:
ok, I will buy a brush and shop vac for the vent clean up.

As far as the moisture goes, I figure the leaking heat ducts must keep
it pretty dry up there!!!!

I really am going to tape up the airducts at the connectors and clean
out the dryer vent.

But, it's a rental, so when I get roundtoit. All routine for a 30 yr
old house.

Thanks.

Todd H. wrote:
"MRS. CLEAN" writes:

When clothes aren't drying, it's either the element or the spinning.

But, this is a new dryer.

Could it be the vent is clogged after 30 years?

Yes!

This is quite a fire hazard too by the way. One of the leading
causes of home fires if memory serves.

It vents into the attic.

That's trouble too, for different reasons. The moisture will not do
good things for you rattic. Might want to check your attic for
indications of mold, and get someone to extend that vent up to the
roof with a proper roof cap.

How do I clean it out?

There are kits with round brushes, and flexible shafts available at
appliance stores, big box home depot like places, wal mart too I
think.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/