Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default 4800 watt construction heater wiring

"R. Pierce Butler" writes:
Troy wrote in :

uh? just the red & black? Where's the nuetral connected? You gotta
have a return circuit.
if you've got 10/3 then you've to red, black, white, ground right?
Am I missing something here or just don't know what I'm talking about.

Troy

Troy,

There are two 110 volt circuits in most CB boxes. Each is independent. They
also happen to be 180 degrees out of phase with one another.

Actually, the 240 in 99% of US residential settings is single-phase,
using a center-tap to derive 120v. HV Distribution circuits are three
phase, with the phases 120 degrees apart. One of those phases feeds
the distribution transformer serving your residence, wherein there is
a center-tap which provides the neutral to the service entrance.

scott