Posted to rec.woodworking
Nova Nova is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

Doug Miller wrote:

In article om,
says...

Craftsman 9" disk / 6" belt sander. The belt never did track quite
straight -- even the tiniest tweak to the tracking adjustment would send
the belt skidding off to one side or the other, and it took only a few
seconds for it to cut completely through the *plastic* dust-collection
port when it did. Plus it was noisy as hell.

I have the same machine. On the advise of Keeter I tried a couple of
wraps of electrical tape around the center of the idler drum to give it
sort of a crown. It still sucks but I can get it to track somewhat.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA