Gunner

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 05:01:22 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

Gunner wrote:

I keep a library. Knowledge is power.

Are you implying that you have power? That reminds me of a Margaret Thatcher
quote: "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are,
you aren't." She should be at least someone you like, being conservative and
all.

If you know so much, how come you're so powerless?

Ive got plenty of power. 200 amps at the pole.

Other than the power you may have from all those guns of course, you have no
power.

Define power.

Chairman Mao did say: "All political power comes out of the barrel of a gun."
Individuals do not have political power, only governments do.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

Its not surprising you would quote a Communist responsible for the
deaths of 75 million people.

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age...
I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues
as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity,
bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity,
fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable
choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with
every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we
accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we
kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for
Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and
then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We
*assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his
fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation
to keep the State out of the church business, we've
destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*.
Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives