Sue

Default OT - Gunner Quote - for Gunner and all the Gunnettes

On 19 Jan 2004 00:20:39 -0800, (Cliff Huprich)
wrote:

In article , "David
Moffitt" weaselkiller@ prodigy.net writes:

34Insist that Clinten was the greatest American president of all

time,
and the economy immediately collapsed the day he left office.

[
Here's a chart, taken almost directly from the Bureau of Labor
Statistics. It shows the month-to-month change in total employment,
and how it fell from an average gain of 236,000 during the Clinton
presidency to an average loss of 66,000 per month under George Bush.
(The chart shows payroll jobs, averaged over three months.) The arrow,
which I added, shows when Bush took office.

Economic numbers don't get more clear than this
]

See
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature...obs/index.html

Looks to me as though it was taking a dive well before Clinton left
office. Who's fault was that? Bush, whom I'm not too wild about,
inherited a situation already going downhill.
Sue