Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Haar Robert Haar is offline

Default Worst POS Tool You Ever Bought

On 2006/10/17 4:45 PM, "bf" wrote:

Robert Haar wrote:

ARHA - a feature available only on Sears routers:

Automatic
Random
Height
Adjust

Don't forget that collet that either releases the bit while you are routing
or seizes up you have rap the bit with a hammer to loosen it.

Oh yes, the Automatic Bit Release Feature.. Nothing like it.. Scared
the crap out of me enough to immediately stop working on the project
and buy a real router.

Exactly! I was routing a dado on a router table. When the bit came loose, it
broke through the top of the work piece and scared me silly (although my
brother who also inhabits the wreck might say that condition is congenital).