Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Why dont we just nuke the entire Middle East

On 17 Oct 2006 06:36:07 -0700, "Eric in North TX"
wrote:

This glass thing is so messy. Just turn it into a parking lot and
send in the Marines to paint the stripes. This could be done with
conventional weapons.

Apparently not, we hit Afghanistan with our best shot, and we
discovered something interesting; it is really hard to bomb people
living in the stone age back into the stone age.

Not really. If we were willing to kill everyone and
everything in the entire territory, and make the area
uninhabitable, (which, of course, we're not) It would
be a fairly simple, if expensive, proposition. It's a
big project, but not especially complex or difficult.
What's hard is when you're trying to kill your enemies
without killing to many of your notional allies or
"civilians", and without wrecking too much of the landscape.

--Goedjn