Posted to alt.home.repair
terry terry is offline

Default Why dont we just nuke the entire Middle East

Bombs wrote:
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:04:41 -0500,
wrote:

Why dont we just nuke the entire Middle East. All those people want
to do is cause wars. Not a one of them are civilized. They are all
useless people and need to be destroyed. I say the US should just
nuke the entire middle east and end all the fighting and threats.

Ok and save one bomb for N. Korea too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
..
A slightly different viewpoint folks.

Few really think that this 'Shoot first. Ask afterwards'. Blow
everything to bits approach will solve anything.

And for those who even mutter 'Pre-emptive strike', think! Japan tried
that and look what happened? Hitler too when he tried to take on all
Europe, Britain Russia.

Britain really appreciated US help then; and the US inspired and
far-seeing Marshall Plan after WWII helped rebuild shattered countries
which now, more or less, despite two generations later, are allies of
the USA.

Isn't it odd that today the most heavily armed (and nuclear equipped)
country in the world; with weapons that can be deployed for thousand of
miles can be so easily targeted by the simplest of weapons?

viz.

US scheduled airline planes loaded and fuelled in the US flown across
the US by non-professional pilots briefly trained at US air schools!
Nothing intercontinental or nuclear about that!
And how long was it before those multi million dollar jet fighters were
scrambled; and if they were what was the plan?

A hole blown in the side of a warship and 17 US servicemen killed! By a
single simple boat?

IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices) that seemingly have replaced WMDs
and explosive filled vehicles have killed how many in Afghanistan and
Iraq?

US Marine barracks blown up ...... etc. etc. by a truck/car bomb.

Huge miltary and civilian losses in Iraq from guerilla tactics.

And then we have the stupid Abou Greib scandal etc. Things which in our
more open societies must be investigated, reported and cured. But which
merely help to propagandise that our 'Western' societies are bad and
corrupt and do not respect an individual's rights!

Although things such as Enron, Sen. Foley's behaviour and publicity
seeking 'stars' prancing around flaunting their promiscuities in public
in front of the paparazzi whenever there is an opportunity, don't help
either! At least many societies keep their indiscretions under wraps;
literally!

While US paranoia is to some extent undestandable; it reveals the need
to understand 'why' the USA is viewed so suspiciously in parts of the
world.

So it is not surprising that there a few outside the US who would say;
"Build those damn border fences around US" and 'Yankees stay home"!

Not that I agreee with that sentiment at all. A 'Fortress America'
(Them and us) attitude coupled with the idea we can swagger in
militarily anywhere we want or feel we need to, depreciates the value
and worth of all other human beings/nations.

World influence has always been assocated with 'economics' and trade
and organisation. At one time it was, say, the Romans. Later the
British Empire. More recently the US after wnning and strongly
influencing WWII. With, nowadays, China and India coming up strongly.

The Euro complex is also doing OK and expanding and the Japanese, not
too inscrutably, trade strongly, as they must due to the limited
natural resources of their islands.

Also many nations have survived over the centuries despite losses of
huge portions of their populations.

Think carefully; a death rate of only 10% of the US population would be
around 31 million souls. That's you, me maybe, your aunt, nieces,
nephews ................. children, grandchildren etc. And if the
conflict was nuclear in only a few US areas a significant percentage of
CONUS would be unusable/uninhabitable; for 10,000+ years? The Chernobyl
reactor accident would be insignificant by comparison!

Sermon ends! Lets all keep our heads! Now back to that schematic and
something practical and immediate .......