Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default SDS vs SDS Plus

On 2006-10-17 21:03:48 +0100, Grunff said:

Andy Hall wrote:

If you look across the quality brands ( Makita, Bosch, DeWalt, Festool)
they position there products with quite plain labelling and appearance.
DW is yellow which is noticable, but the others don't do appearance
stuff.

Ahem

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-M....4V-377709.htm

Makita

seem to think the Hitachi go-faster stripes are the way to go.

Missed that one.

Certainly there needs to be some sackings in the marketing departments
of these companies.

They produce good products and service and then, as we've seen put
together packs of cheap drill bits, screwdrivers etc. in an attempt to
add bundle "value"

I suspect that these are all 23 year olds with no clue. I think that
I need to get them together and explain to them how to do marketing
properly and how not to cock up a brand. It's not difficult.