Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Garage heaters

"Troy" wrote in message
I can get a "multi-fuel" Reddy heater (forced air ) with the same BTU's
from lowes for $150 US
Troy

The ones listed on the Lowes web site are kerosene. Won't run on natural
gas and aren't designed to be plumbed in.

Reddy also has heaters that work on natural gas.
http://www.reddyheat.com/productType.cgi?type=1 Several online vendors
carry them.

Clint wrote:
The local Co-op (don't know if you have them out there; I'm in Edmonton,
AB) had a "Mr. Heater" 45,000 btu natural gas heater for $500. Looked
pretty tempting to me. Don't know what your definition of affordable is,
though.

Alternatively, you could talk to a local HVAC place, see if they've got
any leftovers from upgrades. The local newsgroups occasionally have
furnaces available. But they would probably be overkill for what you
need, and big, too. Plus you might have headaches getting them
installed...

Clint

wrote in message
oups.com...

I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.