Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Garage heaters

I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Any home depot type place should carry them.

I bought one last year and it was a great investment. Gets nice an
toasty out there.

wrote:
I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

The local Co-op (don't know if you have them out there; I'm in Edmonton, AB)
had a "Mr. Heater" 45,000 btu natural gas heater for $500. Looked pretty
tempting to me. Don't know what your definition of affordable is, though.

Alternatively, you could talk to a local HVAC place, see if they've got any
leftovers from upgrades. The local newsgroups occasionally have furnaces
available. But they would probably be overkill for what you need, and big,
too. Plus you might have headaches getting them installed...

Clint

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I bought my BlueFlame brand 15,000 BTU heater on Ebay for about $150.00
delievered. This is a ventless type and I have had no problems with
moisture in the garage.

My space is about 1/2 your space, and on a pretty cool day, like 30's,
it would take about an hour to make the space habitable. Therefore
with 2x the space, I would go to a 45,000 btu unit and you should be
pretty comfy in there.

15,000 btu's cost me about $0.50 an hour to run at $2.20us a gallon of
propane.

Alan

keywords: blueflame; shop heater, shop heat, propane, cost to heat shop

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Princess Auto has 35,000 BTU Mr. Heaters for $114 CDN. They're Propane
though.

Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Everything ever sold is affordable, to someone.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
oups.com...
I live in Ontario Canada and I have a 400 sq foot insulated shop/garage
with a natural gas line to my shop. Where can I buy a affordable
natural gas heater for my workshop? I do woodworking in my shop.

Do a Google search for Hot Dawg Heaters. They seem to be very popular for
garages and barns.
http://www.gas-space-heater.com/modine-hot-dawg.html

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Troy" wrote in message
I can get a "multi-fuel" Reddy heater (forced air ) with the same BTU's
from lowes for $150 US
Troy

The ones listed on the Lowes web site are kerosene. Won't run on natural
gas and aren't designed to be plumbed in.

Reddy also has heaters that work on natural gas.
http://www.reddyheat.com/productType.cgi?type=1 Several online vendors
carry them.

Clint wrote:
The local Co-op (don't know if you have them out there; I'm in Edmonton,
AB) had a "Mr. Heater" 45,000 btu natural gas heater for $500. Looked
pretty tempting to me. Don't know what your definition of affordable is,
though.

Alternatively, you could talk to a local HVAC place, see if they've got
any leftovers from upgrades. The local newsgroups occasionally have
furnaces available. But they would probably be overkill for what you
need, and big, too. Plus you might have headaches getting them
installed...

Clint

oups.com...