Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doki Doki is offline

Default SDS vs SDS Plus

"Chris Styles" wrote in message
My bog standard Bosch drill is finally nearing the end of its working
life, so it is time to look for replacements.

I'd like to get an SDS because I'll be doing a lot of chasing into walls,
and it seem like just the ticket, and it also seems that SDS is also more
up to the job of lots of masonry drilling.

Does anyone have any good tips or suggestions about buying using SDS
drills?

Screwfix have a number of offers including a Bosch "GBH-2-24 DSR" 2kg SDS.
Oddly it weighs 2.4kg, so should I assume that the "2kg" relates to
something other than the weight of the drill itself?

Lastly, what are the major differenences between SDS and SDS Plus, is one
better than the other, and is there anything I should consider when
choosing between them? The £99 Bosch jobbie from Screwfix is SDS plus, and
is currently ahead in the polls!

SDS+ lets you chisel without drilling, if you see what I mean. What you'll
want for chasing walls.