Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Manufacturer questions I always wanted answered

On 15 Oct 2006 04:51:42 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

1)Is Sharp Malaysian or Japanese?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharp_Electronics

"Sharp Corporation (Shapu Kabushiki-gaisha) is a Japanese electronics
manufacturer, founded in 1912. It takes its name from one of its
founder's first inventions, the Ever-Ready Sharp mechanical pencil,
which was invented by Tokuji Hayakawa in 1915."

3)When the owner of Sony died around 1990-3 why did the accountant get
the corporation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony#History

"In 1945, after World War II, Masaru Ibuka started a radio repair shop
in a bombed-out building in Tokyo. The next year he was joined by his
colleague Akio Morita, and they founded a company called Tokyo Tsushin
Kogyo K.K., which translates in English to Tokyo Telecommunications
Engineering Corporation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akio_Morita

"Akio Morita (Morita Akio, January 26, 1921 in Nagoya, Japan – October
3, 1999 in Tokyo) was a co-founder of Sony Corporation."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Ibuka

"Masaru Ibuka (Ibuka Masaru, April 11, 1908 in Nikko City, Japan –
December 19, 1997 in Tokyo) was a Japanese electronics industrialist.
He co-founded what is now Sony."

6)I noticed many JVC products have Panasonic parts what is the
relationship?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JVC

"JVC was founded in 1927 as "The Victor Company of Japan" as a
subsidiary of the United States' leading phonograph and record
company, the Victor Talking Machine Company. In 1929 majority
ownership was transferred to RCA-Victor. In the 1930s JVC produced
phonographs and records, but in 1932 JVC started producing radios, and
in 1939 they introduced Japan's first TV. JVC severed relations with
its foreign partners during World War II, and since 1953, JVC has been
owned by Matsu****a, who holds a majority stake in the company."

7)Who invented VHS? Panasonic or JVC? or is it that JVC invented the
tape and Panasonic the machine?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vhs

"The Video Home System, better known by its abbreviation VHS, is a
recording and playing standard for video cassette recorders (VCRs),
developed by Victor Company of Japan, Limited, aka JVC, and launched
in September 1976."

- Franc Zabkar