Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rick Blaine Rick Blaine is offline

Default snow blower recommendation

"Edward" wrote:

I am in the market for a snow blower (1st time buyer) and I would like
to hear some recommendations/experiences from owners.

I live in the northeast US so I can get a lot of snow at times. My
driveway is about 800 feet long with a 10% grade and about 10 feet
wide.

The issue isn't how much snow you get over the season - its how much you get at
a time.

I sure wouldn't be wanting to haul a snowblower back up the hill 8 times each
time it snows. That pretty much drives you to a self propelled unit - preferably
one that will take chains. Honda has a nice trac drive unit, but won't be cheap.
It also means you are into a 2 stage unit as well, which is a good thing.