Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Cleaning Paint Rollers

"BobK207" wrote in message
oups.com...

RicodJour wrote:
Bob F wrote:
aspasia wrote in message

But in any case, I don't agree that it's "an absurb waste..." They
may have ways of disposing other than your friendly neighborhood
landfill.

Our solid waste facility is pretty clear about it. If it's dried -

it's
garbage.
They do take latex paint at the hazardous waste facility - which the

offer
for re-use.

I don't understand, Bob. Someone can go to your local waste facility
and select cans of paint to use, or do you mean that they recycle it
through a paint or other manufacturer?

I canot speak for Bob F either.....but I can for Bob K...

In OC, CA we have a toxic waste drop off center where they take
household chems no longer wanted, needed or unusable. Any items that
are in re-usable condtion they put in the "free store" & you can take
up to 5 itmes per week. Fertilizer, spa / pool chems, paint (brush &
spray) household cleaners, DIF wallpaper remover, etc......Once I found
out about this deal, I never paid for Spa chems again.

I never took any of the brush / roll on paint but I got lots of spray
spray paint, carb cleaner & motor oil.

Pretty much the same deal in Seattle. 30 item limit.

Bob