Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Stuart is offline

Default Stuck drain cock

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 00:19:08 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

snipped

Also a small mole grip. No "Stilsons"..that's what I meant. The ones
that lock on tighter the harder you push..can even be hammered round..or
fitted with a bit of pipe to increase leverage.

These do bugger stuff, but I've snapped steel bolts with them that
wouldn't turn...they can do the torque all right.

You would probably ant a new bit afterwards though..unless its one of
those 'thats it for the next 5 years, and sod the next guy who has to
fix it'...which was roughly the attitude we had in keeping old bangers
going.

I think the problem the OP has ,if you read his posting,is that he has little
space to play with .

Stuart