Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default Grounded switch tap

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Tazz spake thus:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 01:16:57 GMT, "Den Murray" wrote:

I'm trying to locate (in the US) a *grounded* (i.e.3-prong) plug in
switch tap.

I've got a standard 15amp outlet that I have an appliance that I need
to be switch on-and-off-able (is that a word) at the outlet.

Leviton make a non-grounded version (2-prong in, and 2-prong out),
but I need it to be grounded.

Any ideas?

This what you mean?

http://www.levitonproducts.com/catal...B5 8&pid=1208

I beleive It is against the NEC to have the grounded and grounding
conductors switched.

I think the OP is asking about an *inline* switch in a cordset (plug &
outlet), so they can put it between the outlet and appliance to switch
it on & off.

But while what you suggested isn't what they asked for, it should work,
so long as they only need one outlet in the box (or on that side of a
double box).

My guess is the OP wants a plug-in cube kinda like a grounding adapter
that has a switch built into it. (Haven't seen one.)

bud--