Posted to rec.woodworking
Andy Andy is offline

Default Oak or ash band saw curves more easily?

What is a blade lead? The guide blocks? I haven't heard that term.

If you're not being facetious, blade lead and guide blocks are pretty
basic bandsaw concepts. Before you do anything else with your bandsaw,
I'd strongly recommend that get a bandsaw book or 2 - I like "The
Bandsaw Handbook" by Duginske, though there are several other bandsaw
books out by Duginske and others. Check your local library or
http://www.amazon.com/Band-Saw-Handb...e=UTF8&s=books
(that's http://tinyurl.com/yg9tfq if the link is too long)
Very informative, good background on bandsaws, how to set them up, tune
them to reduce vibration, what can be done with various types and
thickness of blades, etc.
Good luck,
Andy