Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh William R. Walsh is offline

Default Manufacturer questions I always wanted answered

Hi!

Really ?

Yep. I don't think I've ever had a DeskJet 500C in my possession, but I do
have a 500 and a 560C, both of which are still in active use. Both have been
attached to Windows for Workgroups machines and they worked fine in a
networked environment.

HP used to say that a lot of their printers were "not supported" as network
printers...I know the 600 and 660 were on that list. It involved a lot of
tinkering around, but I did get them working over a network. I wish I could
remember just how I'd done it--one of those printers wore out and the other
one, while still around, is hooked up to a much newer computer.

William